Skip to content

Understanding campaign report numbers

SWASWA
edited December 2017 in Using Sendy

I have sent 3 email campaigns to the same subscriber list. For each campaign, I got the "opened", "clicked", "unsubscribed" etc. numbers.

I want to understand the following:

1) Does the "unsubscribed" number in the last campaign include the "unsubscribed" number in the first and the second campaigns (because they reference the same list), or each campaign saves its own snapshot of "unsubscribed" numbers?

2) If I delete a bunch of subscribers from the list AFTER the campaigns were sent, will the "opened", "clicked" numbers in the past campaigns decrease correspondingly, or not? (Effectively, does the report store a kind of snapshot of the list summary at the moment of sending?)

3) Is there a way to tell if the people who opened and clicked the first and second and third campaign were the same, or different, or how much they overlap?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

Does the "unsubscribed" number in the last campaign include the "unsubscribed" number in the first and the second campaigns (because they reference the same list), or each campaign saves its own snapshot of "unsubscribed" numbers?

Subscribers who are ‘Unsubscribed’ from the ‘First’ campaign will not receive another email when you send the ‘Second’ or ‘Third’ campaign and so forth. So each campaign will only show the ‘Unsubscribers’ for that campaign.

If I delete a bunch of subscribers from the list AFTER the campaigns were sent, will the "opened", "clicked" numbers in the past campaigns decrease correspondingly, or not? (Effectively, does the report store a kind of snapshot of the list summary at the moment of sending?)

The ‘Opened’ and ‘Clicked’ numbers will stay the same in the campaign report, but they will no longer appear in the ‘Last 10 opened’ section, etc.

Is there a way to tell if the people who opened and clicked the first and second and third campaign were the same, or different, or how much they overlap?

There’re no options to do comparisons like this at this time.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Subscribers who are ‘Unsubscribed’ from the ‘First’ campaign will not receive another email when you send the ‘Second’ or ‘Third’ campaign and so forth. So each campaign will only show the ‘Unsubscribers’ for that campaign.

But, if a user unsubscribes from the second campaign, will the "Unsubscribed" number of the first campaign also increment?

• But, if a user unsubscribes from the second campaign, will the "Unsubscribed" number of the first campaign also increment?

No.

This discussion has been closed.