Skip to content

Using Amazon SES along other alternative SMTP services

edited January 2018 in Using Sendy

On the page https://sendy.co/forum/discussion/10783/using-amazon-ses-along-other-alternative-smtp-services it's mentioned that "You can use Amazon SES SMTP credentials in the brand instead of Amazon SES API keys in the main settings.". Where does one input the alternate SMTP info into the brand? I can't seem to find a setting for that.

Comments

• Hi,

Where does one input the alternate SMTP info into the brand?

When you create or edit a brand, there are fields where you can enter SMTP credentials:

Screenshot:

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thank you. Unfortunately I misunderstood the original information; I took it to mean that all brands are sent via SES except for those with SMTP settings added, rather than all brands are sent by SMTP. I've got a couple clients on another software package (Interspire's Email Marketer) with somewhat spammy lists. I prefer the UI for Sendy better and would like to use it for those clients, but have the actual sending done through a separate SMTP server. It doesn't appear that I'll be able to do this. Thanks again for your time and great software product.

• BenBen
    edited January 2018

Hi William,

I prefer the UI for Sendy better and would like to use it for those clients, but have the actual sending done through a separate SMTP server. It doesn't appear that I'll be able to do this

You're absolutely able to do this. You can set different SMTP credentials for different brands. You can also still use Amazon SES for certain brands by using Amazon SES SMTP credentials.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.