Skip to content

Get Subscriber Info from API

dwudwu
edited April 2013 in Suggestions

Is it possible to include a way to ask for data from an existing subscriber?

In my scenario I need to check the existing subscriber's data on the list before updating or overwriting it (which I found can be done by just doing a call to subscribe with the same email).

I will be storing data in the custom fields which have a running total. This running total will only be referenced from the subscriber's data in the list

Comments

• Hi Dennis,

There's no way to get data from an existing subscriber outside of Sendy at the moment though.

Do you have this running total stored somewhere? I'm not sure what your use case is, but I imagine it's an application where you have data of this running total either stored individually or in total. If you do, simply pass this total to Sendy via the subscribe API to overwrite the existing total in the custom field.

Ben

• unfortunately I don't have anywhere to reference the existing data (I know, its a weird situation).

please let me know if this happens to make it to a new Sendy version - thanks!

• I also want to be able to fetch subscriber info (custom field data) via the api. In my case, I want to check the value of a custom field before pushing new data (so just pushing new data is not good enough -- I need to be able to check the value of the existing custom fields for a given email).

• I agree as Jordan, I have the same use case

• Hi, any plans to add this to the API? I need to check some parameters out before sending automated campaigns via Integromat/Zapier.

• I have a similar need to access custom field data through the API. Is there functionality to support this?

• This should be a given for self hosted.

However - a workaround may be to forward an email to the zapier mailparser.

• I am looking for this as well. Is there any plan to add this functionality or has anyone else found a reasonable solution?