Skip to content

Strange code in WYSIWYG editor

KBSKBS
edited May 2019 in Troubleshooting

I tested in Mailtester and I get this error "1 dangerous element (that is javascript, iframes, etc) was found while analysing your message.
Checks whether your message contains dangerous html elements such as javascript, iframes, embed content or applet."

<script src="moz-extension:/......../assets/prompt.js"></script>

This is reducing my score to 6.4/10 for a basic e-mail in mail-tester.com

Everytime I try to remove the prompt.js from the HTML in Sendy it won't allow me

How do I get a perfect score on mail-tester and remove this script?

When I was on Mailchimp I was able to get 10/10 on Mail-Tester scores, now this is very disheartening with Sendy having this error

Comments

• Hi,

One of your browser extension is likely inserting code into the editor when you were composing your email (for example, ‘Grammarly', ‘Ad Blocker Ultimate', 'Adguard Adblocker', 'MetaMask' browser extensions are known to do just that).

1. Disable all extensions in your browser as one of your browser extension is inserting redundant code into the WYSIWYG editor when you're creating or editing a campaign
    2. Or use a browser that have no extensions installed
    3. Then re-create your campaign (not just “Duplicate”, create a new campaign and write your message)

If the issue goes away, then you'd need to track down this browser extension that inserts code into the WYSIWYG editor when you were creating/editing your campaign and disable it.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Amazing, thanks so much!! Will test it out. I'm very glad this isn't something native in Sendy!

• Working great, switched over to Safari and getting 9.4/10 now... Thank you! Sendy is such a great alternative, affordable, and does what it should. ;)

• Thank you for using Sendy. :)

This discussion has been closed.