Skip to content

Define/manage client permissions

edited June 2013 in Suggestions

AFAIK, Sendy does not implement any kind of control over the actions than clients can perform, aside from those directly associated to charging them.

In my organization, I can't always trust that our clients will always do "the right thing". For instance, I am pretty sure that a lot of clients will simply delete the addresses that bounced or complained on one of their campaings. This would be okay per se, but I am also pretty sure that someone will simply re-upload the whole list of subscribers (including the bounced and deleted ones) some time later, just because they've added a couple of addresses there. This is when things would go very wrong, with sendy trying to deliver more emails to the bouncing or complaining addresses.

Hence, I would like to ask you to implement some permission controls that allowed the admin to prevent clients from performing certain functions. My initial list of such permissions is:

• Disallow importing new addresses
  • Disallow e-mail removal from list (yet allow unsubscription)
  • Disallow manual confirmation of users
  • Disallow switching from double-optin to optin for their lists
  • Disallow addition of new lists

My clients would then have to contact us to perform this actions. This would allow us to implement and follow proper policies to ensure that our SES account doesn't get compromised by badly behaving clients.

Thanks

Edit: It would be even better if those settings were per-client, but we could manage with global settings too.

Comments

• Could have also permission to only see the reports.

• hi
    that will be a great feature!

• +1 vote on this feature. Ben please comment

• +1 vote for this!

• +1 for this

• Add permissions, please! +1

• edited January 2017

Was this feature ever added? Does anybody know where in the Sendy application code the permissions for the Brand-level (Non-admin) users are defined and can be modified?

• Has anyone found a workaround for this? I'd like to specifically prevent a client from seeing the list of subscribers (since they'd be 3rd party and it's against company privacy policy), but have permissions to create and send campaigns to the lists that are available to them.

• FYI, I was able to modify the code where I needed it by using the below logic to determine if it was a sub user or not:

<?php if(!get_app_info('is_sub_user')):?>

<?php endif ?>

• +1 this would be nice. If implementing access control, maybe this could be implemented on the file manager as well? Like give them access to just their folder to add, delete, and rename files?

• +1 I would like client to only be able to duplicate a campaign, update it, send it, and view the report. No access to templates or lists.

• Thanks for the Great software..
    I just have one concern, if we could manage user roles to audit all/assigned brands metrics..
    and few more data visibility for roles internal employees..

• +1 for the feature of managing permissions. My client would like to add a new subscriber and view reports. Has this feature been added yet? If not, why not and when could some sort of permissions/role be added to Sendy?

• Hi @Ben Is there any updates on this? for sure I can not trust in a client completely.. There always be a case were they just upload a bad list to resent and resent it again.. :(