Skip to content

New Brand or New List

edited August 2019 in Using Sendy

I'm fairly clear on the fundamental differences between brands and lists in Sendy, but as I set things up, I wonder which I should use for a particular situation. I'm using Sendy stricly for ONE business, or Brand as Sendy would identify it as. So theoretically, I should have a single brand with multiple lists. However, I have a particular chunk of users that receive free licenses to my program when they purchase a program from one of my associates. These free users will still get the regular site emails from Sendy, but they will also get another segment of messages that I will setup, as well. What I really don't want is for the paid users to even see these lists when they subscribe or unsubscribe themselves, and on the flip side, I don't want the free users to be able to unsubscribe themselves from the main lists either.

This is perfectly clear in my head, but I'm having trouble explaining it this morning, so i hope someone understands the general idea of what I am saying and attempting here. My question, at the end of this, would be should I create separate BRANDS, each with a SINGLE list for these efforts to keep them separate from each other? Or should I create just the single BRAND and then use multiple lists - meaning that if someone unsubscribes themselves from 1 LIST, does it automatically (or give the option to) remove themselves from ALL the lists in a brand?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

You can use the ‘Exclude lists’ feature to exclude lists to send to.

For example if your ‘Paid users’ list also have free users that may be in the list, you can select the ‘Free users’ list to ‘exclude’ from the campaign. So your campaign will not send to any subscribers in the ‘Free users’ list.

if someone unsubscribes themselves from 1 LIST, does it automatically (or give the option to) remove themselves from ALL the lists in a brand?

By default when a user unsubscribes from a campaign, they will be unsubscribed from ALL lists they belong to in the brand. If you want to change this, you can change it to ‘Only this list’ in the list settings, under ‘Unsubscribe settings’:

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.