Skip to content

Communication between brands and contacts ?

edited December 2019 in Questions

Hi Ben ! So here is my question

We have the same project in different countries with different languages, so I have created the architecture this way

A - Project Global
B - Project France (Local)
C - Project Germany (Local)
D - Project Switzerland (Local)

Now, we need to send both local and global newsletters, for example we have an annoucement that we need to send to everybody, and local announcements.

What I have done is I have manually added the contacts from the B,C,D lists to the A for Global announcments, but I'm confronted to different problems:

1. I have to manually update the bounced and unsubscribed user. How is this possible for bounced email to be updated in all the brands automaticly ?
  2. If two same emails are present is two brands, and I need to send the same newsletter in the two brands, how can I be sure I will not send them twice to the same persons ?
  3. When a subscriber is new in a local or global brand, I have to update it on the local / global brand.

In short, by design, what is the best practice to organize the lists don't have to update everytime the adresses that have unsubscribed or bounced ? same with having to add manually new subscribers from the Local to the Global brands ?

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Hi,

What I have done is I have manually added the contacts from the B,C,D lists to the A for Global announcments

You don't have to manually add contacts FROM B, C and D to list A.

When you send your campaign, select Lists A, B, C and D to send your campaign to. You can select multiple lists to send your campaign to.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thx you Ben, the thing is A, B and C are not lists but brands. so they are separated. When I send a newsletter in the brand A, the bounced and unsubscribes are not updated in the brand B and C, and vice versa. My question is about how should I implement all this for not having to update the same contacts on each brand

• Hi,

Then you're using 'Brands' incorrectly. Each 'Brand' is isolated from each other. For example Brand A sells Apple products and Brand B sells Nike shoes. If you signed up to a list in both Apple and Nike brands and one day decide to unsubscribe from Apple, it does not mean you want to unsubscribe from Nike. Unless one day you receive a newsletter from Nike and you decide you want to unsubscribe from it.

For your case you'd use lists instead so that unsubscribes, complaints etc are shared.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Got it ! Thx Boss and congrats again for your great work

This discussion has been closed.