Skip to content

Bounces and complaints notice not going away

edited January 2020 in Troubleshooting

I want to send a test email to check that I understand some of the functionality and also test my SES setup against the AWS email addresses.

However, the message that displays on the page still tells me that my bounces and complaints are not set up even though Amazon shows everything is set up, verified, and confirmed.

I would appreciate any tips or guidance here.

Comments

• Hi,

the message that displays on the page still tells me that my bounces and complaints are not set up even though Amazon shows everything is set up, verified, and confirmed.

Can you send me a screenshot of that error?

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi Ben,

So I must confess to being a little dumb here.

I failed to realize that I had to grant the IAM user SNS privillages.

Once I did that all was awesome.

This of course happend late at night after a full day of work so I was probably not paying close attention to all the instructions.

In an effort to prove to myself that I understand how all this works I'm reinstalling sendy fresh plus I had cluttered up my AWS sections pretty good trying to figure everything out.

On a related note, I plan to use the brands feature to send using different domains. I use runcloud.io to manage my server which is hosted with Upcloud. The RunCloud web applications section lets me choose which stack to run. The options are NGINX with Apache2 or native NGINX (no .htaccess, but it is faster) I like to use just NGINX, but your requirements look like they require Apache, which is fine. However, that raises the question of mod_rewrite. To use a custom domain do I need to use mod_rewrite? When I run the installation Sendy says that mod)rewrite is not enabled, but I do have the rewrite commands from the default .htaccess file.

Thanks for your help and a very clean application. Far easier to get going than Mautic.

Reagan Lynch

• Hi Lynch,

To use a custom domain do I need to use mod_rewrite? When I run the installation Sendy says that mod_rewrite is not enabled,

If you don't get a 404 error at your login page, then mod_rewrite is enabled. You can ignore the warning that mod_rewrite is not enabled. It says "not enabled" because your Apache is running in CGI mode instead of Apache module.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.