Skip to content

Memory leak?

edited November 2012 in Troubleshooting
My cron jobs are being killed by out of memory errors.
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10517 bytes) in /var/home/mypolacy/public_html/sendy/includes/helpers/class.amazonses.php on line 75

128 MB should be enough for a script. I think Sendy isn't releasing its resources.

Comments

• Did this happen during sending?
  • Also, how much memory does your server have? And how many subscribers are you sending to? Thanks.
  • It has 24 GB, my PHP limit is set 128MB (but I changed it in the script to 2GB to avoid the problem). I have 16GB of RAM free.

101 000 subscribers.
  • Thanks. There's no memory leak, just that 101,000 subscribers is quite big for 128MB of memory especially when the server is processing (20, 30? what is your send rate?) emails per second. Good that you allocate more memory.
  • okay, thanks for letting me know. 28 per second.

Anyway, it's now working as it should. The only problem that I have is the parse error that already stopped the campaign 10-15 times. Let me know how can I help you to debug it.
  • BenBen
    edited November 2012
    Regarding the parsing error, does it still happen after allocating more memory? I suspect it's the same 'insufficient memory' issue.
  • Yes, it does. Many, many times. Full log below.
    http://mypolacy.de/sendy/log.txt

• I'll reply you in the other thread you posted so that we don't go off topic. I'm going to close this thread now as there is no memory leak.
This discussion has been closed.