Skip to content

Testing Auto-responders

edited March 2013 in Suggestions

It would be peachy keen if you could add a "SEND TO: email address" TEST functionality for each email in an auto-responder series. Otherwise, it's a very arduous process testing a long series of email. When ever I make an edit or add a new autoresponder, I'd love to test it and see it in my inbox.

Comments

• +1 from me!

• one more from me.

• +1 from me as well

• +1 from me

• edited July 2014

+100 from me.. Surely a test is essential part of the email process???

• +1 from me me as well.

• I know this is an old thread, but we still don't have this and would still love to have that.

• +1 from me

• This would be incredibly helpful.

• New to Sendy and really liking it so far.
    Agree with the above though. Was surprised to see a great test functionality on newsletters while not on autoresponders (we use autoresponders 98% of the time)

What's the best workaround for this?
    When initially loading new autoreponders against empty lists it's fine to change the settings for testing purposes so the email triggers immediately.
    But once lists have been loaded I don't feel comfortable messing with the send schedule settings, to avoid triggering accidental sends (or forgetting to put things back how they should be).

Is manually copy/pasting the email content from the autoresponder into a dummy newsletter campaign the recommended workaround to trigger a test send?

• really need this feature - not having it makes testing auto responders difficult and time consuming

• +1 for this, I really hope this gets implemented, it's already 7 years old thread for a very essential feature :'(

• I gotta agree with @Howard here... yes I'd say manual copy/paste-ing the email is a "best we can do" approach to testing autoresponder :'(

• I'm loading up a migrated sequence of 60 autoresponders and I can't believe there is no "easy button" to send a test!

Adding my +1 :)