Skip to content

Confirmation email not received - Using Thrive Themes

edited April 2020 in Troubleshooting

Hi,

I'm new to Sendy so apologies if I'm missing the obvious. I've created my first confirmation email for a test landing page, selected Double Opt-In, selected 'Send user a thank you email after they subscribe', added my thank you message and added my thank you/confirmation page link in the 'Subscribe success page' box. I've also added my double opt-in confirmation message with the download link in the 'Subscribe confirmation' box. https://www.screencast.com/t/JcubUhukUd

I'm connect via API to Thrive Themes and have connected the list to the form with the list ID so all that side seems to be working. Amazon have authorised 50,000 for my SES daily limit which is showing when I log in to Sendy and in my SES Sending Limits management consul. One email is shown as being sent in the sending stats but as mentioned the confirmation email hasn't been received?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Many thanks
Stephen

Comments

• Hi,

One email is shown as being sent in the sending stats but as mentioned the confirmation email hasn't been received?

Can you check if the email went to your spam folder?

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited April 2020

Hi Ben,

Many thanks for your reply. No, I'm afraid it isn't in my spam folder. I didn't set anything up in 'Unsubscribe Settings' because it was a test for myself but I don't know if that would have caused a problem?

This is the link to the landing page if you want to try it? https://tipsfor.uk/seniorhomesafety/. If this question isn't going on the forum, my login details are below.

Many thanks
    Stephen

https://sendy.xxxxxxxxx.xxx

Email: xxx@xxxxxxx.com

Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Hi,

I've just tested signing up to your list and I have received the double opt in confirmation email:

Screenshot:

After I click the confirmation link, I received the 'Thank you email':

Screenshot:

I suggest contacting Thrive Themes regarding the issue not being able to signup to the list with their integration.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thanks very much Ben for checking this out. I'm glad you got the confirmation email but can't understand why it's not working for me? I tried my wife's email address and she didn't get one either?

I take on board your suggestion to check the connection with Thrive Themes but if that wasn't working surely you wouldn't have got a confirmation email either? I presume you didn't click the confirmation link which is why your name didn't show in the list?

As it worked for you, I can't ask you to do any more. I'll check with Thrive Themes anyway to see if they have any suggestions?

Many thanks
    Stephen

• BenBen
    edited April 2020

Hi,

I take on board your suggestion to check the connection with Thrive Themes but if that wasn't working surely you wouldn't have got a confirmation email either?

I tested using Sendy's standard subscribe form, not with 'Thrive Themes'. This is to ensure that everything is working within Sendy sans third party integrations.

I presume you didn't click the confirmation link which is why your name didn't show in the list?

I have deleted my email address from your list right after testing.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited April 2020

Hi Ben,

Many thanks for your detailed reply. Yes, that makes absolute sense to test it with Sendy's standard subscription form. It certainly proved the point that it wasn't an issue with Sendy.

As you suggested, I put a support request in with Thrive. They confirmed that the API key wasn't being transferred in the error logs. This was my fault for missing the option when setting up the API that I was using a version of Sendy that was above version 4.0.3.3. It was set to a default of below version 4.0.3.3. After resetting the API and creating a new opt-in form in Thrive it worked!

Really appreciate all your help with this!

Many thanks
    Stephen

This discussion has been closed.