Skip to content

Postmark says SES emails are not SPF aligned, while YahooMail and Gmail both say SPF & DKIM are OK.

edited July 2020 in Questions

I use Sendy with SES.
Does anyone else use (free) Postmark for DMARC monitoring, and get the weekly reports?
The Postmark report says that the email from source "amazonses.com" are 0% SPF aligned, and 100% DKIM aligned.

And there is a tip about return-path.
"amazonses.com is authorized to send on behalf of news.mydomain.com, however it looks like SPF is still failing DMARC’s alignment test. DMARC looks at the Return-Path of a message to make sure the domain there matches the domain in your From address. If the Return-Path path doesn’t match your From address, those messages will fail DMARC’s SPF alignment test. Check with this source because you may need to set up a custom Return-Path."

I see that the return-path of my emails sent via Sendy+SES are typically like this:
"Return-Path: 0108017333f2be2d-b3358558-cebd-44df-b30f-538cxxxxxxxx-000000@ap-southeast-2.amazonses.com"
So it looks like VERP for bounce processing.

Is there anything I should change so that Postmark can see 100% SPF alignment? Or should we just ignore it.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.