Skip to content

What does the GDPR tag indicate?

edited September 2020 in Using Sendy

Hello,

I am feeling quite dense asking this question, but I can't seem to find the answer. I apologize in advance if it's obvious.

My question is about the GDPR tag on subscribers coming over from BookFunnel promotions. I am seeing nearly 100% tagged now. At first, I thought this was an indication they were in a GDPR region. But that doesn't seem like it can be right.

What does the tag indicate?

Thanks (and thanks for your patience).

Laurie

Comments

• Hi Laurie,

When you embed Sendy's standard subscribe form or use the standard subscription form URL, you can set whether you want to Enable GDPR fields, please see below:

You can see the GDPR fields in action on a standard subscription form via this demo URL.

When the Enable GDPR field is enabled, the user will be tagged GDPR when he signs up to your list via the form. So you know he explicitly checked the consent boxes and signed up to your list in a GDPR compliant manner.

The same goes when you use the subscribe API to signup users programmatically. You can pass true to the gdpr parameter to tag the user with GDPR when calling the subscribe API.

Later on, you can create segments of your list(s) that only have users tagged with GDPR:

Or you can turn on the 'GDPR safe switch' in the brand settings for both 'Campaigns' and 'Autoresponders' so that future campaigns or autoresponders you send will only be sent to subscribers tagged with GDPR.

GDPR safe switch:

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi Ben,
    Thanks for this. I guess BookFunnel's form must be passing this through? (I don't believe there were many options with the integration -- though I can't say I am unhappy that it's passing this info through; doesn't hurt to be safe about it.)
    Anyway, thanks for the detailed explanation!
    Laurie

This discussion has been closed.