Skip to content

The finer points on suppression list

edited July 2017 in Using Sendy

I read the posts about creating a suppression list and followed the instructions. First I created a new list called "Supression List" and imported a CSV file with 7275 records in it. However, only 5623 records were imported. Is this because 1652 emails were already in the lists under this brand? If so, then how do I mass unsubscribe those 1652 people? I was planning to use the Mass Unsubscribe comment from within my master list (rather than from within the Suppression List) but wanted to check first before I screw something up.

Also, does that mean I can't import any subscribers into a list within a brand, if they are already in a different list within the same brand? I assumed a subscriber could belong to multiple lists within a brand.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• BenBen
    edited March 2019

Hi,

A subscriber can still be imported if he exist in other lists.

On why some records aren't imported, please see → https://sendy.co/troubleshooting#some-records-from-csv-not-imported

You don’t have to worry about the rest of the ‘1652’ emails not being imported as they are already suppressed, that’s why you can’t import them.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Yes, thanks. I did confirm that many of the 1652 were not imported because of duplicate or incorrect entries in the original CSV. The rest were probably already suppressed, as you indicated.

Regarding my question about Mass Unsubscribe from within a particular list, as opposed to using a separate Supression List -- I take it that would unsubscribe those people ONLY from that one list, whereas doing it from a separate suppression list would remove them from all lists in the brand. Is that correct?

thanks!

• Hi,

I take it that would unsubscribe those people ONLY from that one list, whereas doing it from a separate suppression list would remove them from all lists in the brand. Is that correct?

Whether the subscriber would be unsubscribed from 'Only that list' or 'All lists' depends on the 'unsubscribe setting' you set in your list settings, by default it's 'All lists':

Screenshot:

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• BenBen
    edited March 2019

In version 4 and up, you can now import suppression lists, under 'Blacklist » Suppression list':

Best regards,
    Ben

• how can i delete a current suppression list ?

• There are no options to do this at this time. However, you can run a query directly in your MySQL database to empty the suppression list, eg:

TRUNCATE TABLE suppression_list

This discussion has been closed.