Skip to content

Bounced email being shown in a wrong place

edited November 2012 in Troubleshooting
It´s me again.

I think i've found a new bug, i dont know if it's only on my sendy (1.10).

I've just sent a campaing to a "List A" with 1000 users, 600 of those emails were bounced.

Then when i go to "View All lists" and i open a "List B", or any other, i have the list of the bounced emails here too. Even when they dont belong to the list B.

Comments

• BenBen
    edited November 2012
    When an email is 'marked as bounced' (hard bounce, not soft bounce), all emails in your database, no matter which list or brand it belongs to will be 'marked as bounced' as well. This will prevent you from sending to these addresses in future no matter which list or brand you're sending to.
  • But why are they shown in the page-view of the list that they dont belong to?
  • List A: sendyA@sendy.com, and 1000 more
    List B: sendyB@sendy.com, and 1000 more (but not SendyA@sendy.com)

I send a mail to the LIST A and sendyA@sendy.com it's bounced. Then i go to "View all lists" > List B. And in the list of bounced emails i see "SendyA@sendy.com" even when sendyA@sendy.com it's not in the List B.
  • Do you mean these bounced emails does not belong to List B but appeared in List B? This is not possible, because no script in Sendy changes a subscribers' list id, so they cannot appear in another list.

And, when a subscriber is 'bounced', their 'Bounced' column value changes to 1 and that's it, their list id will not change.
  • Yes i mean that the bounced emails, when i go to "View all lists", are listed in all the lists.
  • That is not possible at all.

I just created a new list, called 'Bounce list' and added the email, bounce@simulator.amazonses.com

Then I send a test email to it. This email was marked as bounced, but this email does not appear in my other lists.
  • Okey, i've installed varnish in my server, so maybe is that...
This discussion has been closed.