Skip to content

Contact uploads vs unsubscribed users

edited October 2020 in Questions

If I upload a set of contacts to a list, will the system recognize those that have already unsubscribed and block future emails from going to those previously unsubscribed users?

What events can change the unsubscribed status of a user OTHER THAN a user clicking on the re-subscribe link on Sendy's unsubscribe page?

As an FYI, all my lists are set such that if a user unsubscribes from one they unsubscribe from all.

Comments

• Hi,

If I upload a set of contacts to a list, will the system recognize those that have already unsubscribed and block future emails from going to those previously unsubscribed users?

Yes. Sendy will not import subscribers that were marked as 'Unsubscribed', 'Marked as spam' or 'Bounced' in the list or other lists in the brand.

Similarly, these flagged emails will also be skipped when you send email campaigns to lists.

What events can change the unsubscribed status of a user OTHER THAN a user clicking on the re-subscribe link on Sendy's unsubscribe page?

If the person click the re-subscribe link. Or if you subscribe the user again via the 'subscribe' API or Sendy's standard subscribe forms.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thank you

This discussion has been closed.