Skip to content

Running Sendy behind a proxy server

edited November 2012 in Questions
Hi,

We have a proxy server that requires authentication on our network which caused problems during the setup of sendy. I setup sendy on our broadband line to get around this problem, sendy runs fine on our broadband line but we can't really leave it there forever.

So, today I moved the sendy box back onto our local network.
- changed the local ip
- changed dns records so the registered sendy domain now points to the networks external ip
- Configured firewall rules to allow inbound port 80

My registered domain resolves to the correct ip but if I try to browse to the mydomain.com I get a 404.
If I try to browse to the local address 192.168.0.10/login I get to the sendy login screen but when I try to login it takes ages and eventually throws up a 404 too.

Does sendy need continuous outbound access to the web to function? If so can you supply the urls it connects to so I can add them to the proxy bypass list?

Thanks again, Kev

Comments

• ok, I just moved the sendy box back onto our broadband line just to check it was still runniing ok.

So, changed the dns record so the registered domain now points to our broadband ip

I'm getting the same behaviour I had when on or local network behind the proxy, I suspect that sendy doesn't like it when I change the dns records. Can you confirm?
  • BenBen
    edited November 2012
    Hi, Sendy will run as long as:

1) It's installed on the domain registered with us
    2) As long as the outgoing call to our servers to check your license is not blocked

"Does sendy need continuous outbound access to the web to function?"
    Yes, Sendy is a web app, it needs an internet connection. It not only connects to our server to check your license, it connects to Amazon's server for checking your quota and for sending. It also connects to Google's server to get a favicon for your brand.

"I suspect that sendy doesn't like it when I change the dns records."
    Sendy only doesn't care about your DNS records. It only cares about where you're installing it on.
  • ok, can you supply the urls it connects to so I can ad them to the allow list on our web filter?
This discussion has been closed.