Skip to content

Understanding how the new Trigger Webhook feature works

edited January 2021 in Using Sendy

Do I enter a link to an API php script in the webhook URL field?

The outcome I'm trying to achieve is:

When an autoresponder sequence has finished, the subscriber is automatically subscribed to a new autoresponder (obviously in a new list, as only one AR can be set per list.)

Why? Because I want to replicate how Convert Kit automations work on a low level. Whereby, a series of emails get sent out, before the subscriber is then moved to another series of emails.

By breaking up the autoresponder in smaller "buckets," I can test swapping in different "buckets" of sequences, to test which perform best, etc. Otherwise, I have to keep creating entirely new sequences from scratch.

So I'm hoping this is possible somehow with the Trigger Webhook feature?

Specifically, I notice the new Rules feature has the option to trigger a webhook when "autoresponder message is sent" (hopefully when the last email in the sequence is sent?)

But I don't know what the URL field is looking for.

Maybe it's an API php script thingy, which you give examples of here: https://sendy.co/api

Maybe it is a zapier thingy, but I'd like to avoid that if I can as that would soon get quite expensive.

Any hints/clarification gratefully received!

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,

Specifically, I notice the new Rules feature has the option to trigger a webhook when "autoresponder message is sent" (hopefully when the last email in the sequence is sent?)

You can select the last email in the sequence for that rule. So when that email is sent, it will run the webhook.

But I don't know what the URL field is looking for.

The URL is the link to your own script that does what you want, eg. calling the subscribe API to subscribe the email address to a new list.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thanks Ben, I will have a play with your example API script, and see if I can make the thing dance.

This discussion has been closed.