Skip to content

A/B Test subjects Lines? Dynamic Content?

2»

Comments

• 1 on this as well. Looks like it might not be on the priority list since its been 6+ years. Does anyone have a workaround to this.. even if it requires custom dev.
  • Is there any update on this or can you let us know what the main issue is with this suggestion?

• Yes please! Split testing would be great.

• Yep. Desperately needed and this was requested in 2013. Doesn't look like it's happening. Without that, this isn't a usable system for marketers. Also need segmentation based upon opens and clicks (a basic) and to be able to query that list based on the last XX days -- not date based.

• +1 - any news on this Ben?

Whilst appreciate that this is the long way 'round, surely in the meantime, we can export our list, add a column to the CSV file such as group, and alternate the rows with 1 or 2, a or b, or anything we like, then prepare our 'A' email, set to send to the 'A' segment, and repeat for 'B'?

It sure would be helpful to have some tools to be able to do this from the UI, hence the +1.

Ben, just out of interest - and not specifically on this matter, but for any 'in-demand' features - if a developer such as myself were to develop them, is there any scope for them to be integrated? I'd love to be a part of this, as I'm sure many others would!

Thanks again for your work on this awesome product!

Best regards,

Gez

• +1! Being able to A/B test emails would make Sendy invaluable for us.

• +1 ! It's now a required feature. I use sendy since 2013, but i could change my routing tool if this feature cannot be live soon.

• +1 Ben

Thanks in advance :-)

• edited January 2022

+1
    8 years...

There is a way to do this in a not very cool way using the segments of a list. Far from perfect. I create a segmentation with emails starting with the letters A, C, E, ... and numbers 0, 2, 4... for each list. I create 2 campaigns, one I send only to the emails in the segmentation, and the other campaign I send to all emails, except for the emails that are in the segmentation.

• +1 for this! 8 years waiting....

• +1 for A/B Testing of subjects ;)

• Yep A/B testing is a 101 for any email application. As is handling feedback loops & bounces from SMTP sources and not just AWS. We switched to Mailwhizz as Sendy keeps coming out with new versions Ben wants you to buy, but there are never any new features that are useful. Perhaps he needs some help with development?

• Any update yet?