Skip to content

Autoresponder not working

edited December 2021 in Troubleshooting

My cron job is executing (the cron info message disappears after a few minutes) but the autoresponder doesn't send any email to new subscribers. How can I debug this issue?

Comments

• Hi,

Please review the following pointers:

1. Please ensure that you have moved out of Amazon SES 'Sandbox mode' by requesting Amazon to raise your ‘SES daily sending limits’ → http://aws.amazon.com/ses/extendedaccessrequest. If your Amazon SES daily sending limit is 200 emails per day, you're in 'Sandbox mode'.
    2. Please check that you have verified your 'From email' or its domain in your Amazon SES console
    3. If you attempted to verify any emails or domains in your Amazon SES console and the status is 'failed' or 'pending confirmation', please either complete the verification or remove the 'failed' email or domain
    4. If you attempted to verify the sending domain's DKIM and it's in 'pending' or 'failed' status, please either complete the verification or do not verify DKIM at all

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thanks but that is not the problem. Sendy is sending emails but autoresponders are not triggering. The cron job is executing. I want to debug the issue.

1) Is there a simple SQL I can run to check for new subscribers that should trigger an autoresponder?
    2) If there are autoresponders to be sent is there a way to debug why there are not being sent?

• It is triggering for some emails. I tried two emails that were added using the API in the same way. I am using segments in one list and they differed on the segment criteria but for another list there are no segments. One triggered autoresponders, the other did not.

• Hi,

Sendy is sending emails but autoresponders are not triggering
    It is triggering for some emails

Please ensure your cron job for autoresponders.php is set to run every 1 minute (not anything more)

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• I set it to every 5 minutes as the timing is not critical. I will change it to 1 min. How come it requires 1 min interval?

• How come it requires 1 min interval?

You can set autoresponder emails to send immediately after a user signs up to the list. If your cron job is set to run only every 5 minutes, they will not get the email immediately.

Or for example, if you set the autoresponder to send 2 minutes later, but your cron job only runs every 5 minutes, the autoresponder email will never be triggered.

This discussion has been closed.