Skip to content

More info about Autoresponders

edited March 2022 in Questions

How do we access the full developer Autoresponder documentation? All I have found on the forums is that it only gives you the setup documentation the first time you create an Autoresponder. Our previous webmaster set them up, and our new one is asking about the settings (like why it has to run the CRON every minute or it doesn't work right?). There seems to be no information accessible anywhere. The FAQ here (https://sendy.co/troubleshooting#where-do-i-setup-autoresponders) has zero technical info. Where can I find this info after the fact?

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi,

and our new one is asking about the settings (like why it has to run the CRON every minute or it doesn't work right?)

For instance, if you set an Autoresponder to send 1 minute after a user signs up to the list, on the next execution of the cron job in the next minute, Sendy will be able to send out that autoresponder email.

On the other hand, if the cron job is set to run every 5 minutes, it will not be able to send out the above mentioned Autoresponder within the next minute, because the cron job only runs every 5 minutes.

Even Autoresponders that are set to send, for example, 3 minutes after a user signs up, etc, the 5 minute cron job won't be able to send it.

That is why the cron job for autoresponders.php needs to be run every 1 minute.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.