Skip to content

Sending one off email based on an event

edited July 2017 in Questions

Howdy,

Maybe there is not an easy way to do this. But I was wondering if there is. I know this is a little more transactional in nature but I would love to run this through Sendy.

I have a product coming soon http://options.cafe. It is an stock options trading platform. Once a user signs up they have to connect their stock broker to the software. I have a standard drip in place for different things that all users should get. But I want to send an email 3 days after they signup if the user has not connected their broker yet. So this will only be sent to a subset of users. My application will some how tell Sendy (via api call or something) if a users needs this particular email.

Best idea I have is as follows.

Create a new list for users that have not connected a broker yet. Create a drip email that gets sent as soon as a user is added to that list. My application will add any users 3 days after they signed up who have not connected their broker yet.

Seems straight forward. Just wondering if there is a smarter way.

Thanks.
~Spicer

Comments

• Hi Spicer,

In your standard drip that all users should get, setup an email in the same drip that sends your reminder email 3 days after they’re signed up.

At the same time, your software should be setup to ‘unsubscribe’ the user from the list using Sendy’s ‘unsubscribe’ API if they have connected their brokerage to your software. So let’s say ‘Ben’ connected his brokerage to your software within 3 days, he will not receive your ‘3rd’ day reminder email. He will receive the ‘3rd day’ reminder email if he have not connected his brokerage to your software on day 3 or after.

Additional after your software unsubscribes the user, you can subscribe the user to another list using the ‘subscribe’ API.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited July 2017

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the response! I like your idea with unsubscribes a bit better than my approach.

Thanks!
    ~Spicer

This discussion has been closed.