Skip to content

Users unsubscribed from all lists?

edited September 2017 in Troubleshooting

I just created 3 lists and filled them manually. Let's call them list 1, 2 and 3.

List 1 is not used
List 2 is only filled by the API
List 3 is filled by the API, and if users are added to List 2, then I delete them from List 3 via the API - and I also set a Zap to do this.

The weird thing is - items get deleted from List 2! How is this possible? Can I see what triggered the undelete anywhere?

Comments

• Hi,

The weird thing is - items get deleted from List 2!

Do you mean the subscriber is ‘Unsubscribed’ or ‘Deleted’ from List 2? There’s a huge difference.

Subscribers will ‘never’ be ‘deleted’ from a list, unless you manually delete it from a list, or use the ‘Delete’ API.

If your subscriber was ‘Unsubscribed’ from another list, it is because the ‘Unsubscribe settings’ of the list the subscriber was ‘Unsubscribed’ from was set to ‘All lists’. This is by default. By default when a subscriber is ‘Unsubscribed’ from one list, they will automatically be ‘Unsubscribed’ from ALL lists as a matter of email marketing best practice. You can change that however, by changing the ‘Unsubscribe settings' of the list to ‘Only this list’.

Best regards,
    Ben

• thanks - you're absolutely right - that was it!

This discussion has been closed.