Skip to content

Sendy behavior for future scheduled campaigns

mdrmdr
edited December 2017 in Using Sendy

I am trying to understand what is Sendy's default behavior is in this situation.

Does Sendy select the email addresses at the time the campaign is scheduled or the time it is sent.

Use Case

1. I create a Campaign (email message) to go to List A
  2. I schedule the time of this broadcast for 21 days from now
  3. Someone - let's call him Bill - joins or is added to List A tomorrow (or any time between it being scheduled and sent)

Will this user Bill be included in the recipients of this campaign (email) or not?

• If Sendy behavior is to select the emails at the time the campaign is created he would not be (this is how Ontraport works)
  • If Sendy selects the email addresses just before the campaign is actually sent then he would be included (this is how Mailchimp works)

Knowing the Sendy default behavior here will let me better plan my workflow for future campaigns.

Please advise.

Thanks
Mark

Comments

• Hi,

When you schedule an email 21 days from now, any new subscribers to the list(s) will be included in the send. They will receive your schedule campaign.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Okay, just to be sure here.

When I go to to schedule the email it gives me a message "Recipients: 1466 of 48517 remaining SES sends left:"

It will still wait until just before the send to actually pick the actual email addresses to send to?

Thus for a scheduled campaign (not sent instantly) that message is just an estimated number of sends, correct?

• Yes that's correct.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.