Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Ben December 2017
Deleted list and uploaded again
  • Vote Up0Vote Down ieroiero

Hi, i use double opt in, but i was wondering what happen if for any reason i delete the list and upload again as another list, how authentication really work, another case will be if i just send an email to unconfirmed emails that were gathered from the same system, what happened if I move and upload my list to mailchimp or any other, do I loose the authentication I got here or viceversa? could someone explain the technical details? is it really worth to have double opt in besides just to confirm the existence of the email address?

thanks

• 1 Comment
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

Hi,

what happen if for any reason i delete the list and upload again as another list,

If you delete a list Sendy will have no records of which email was active, unsubscribed, bounced, marked as spam etc. So if you re-import the same or another list, Sendy will not have that deleted list to check against.

another case will be if i just send an email to unconfirmed emails that were gathered from the same system, what happened if I move and upload my list to mailchimp or any other, do I loose the authentication I got here or viceversa?

Export only ‘Active’ subscribers from Sendy, that will be the subscribers who went through the double opt-in. Then you can use it anywhere to send emails to.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions