Skip to content

Can't get past login screen

edited January 2018 in Troubleshooting

I just upgraded to to the latest sendy (3.0.4) from 2.x and followed the install instructions. After struggling with some problems that I think were incomplete FTP transfers, I'm left with the ol' "logging in just takes you back to the login page" problem. Sorry that this is yet another one of those, but I've tried a bunch of previously suggested thing.

Some details:

• I could log into the old installation yesterday, so I don't think it's bad credentials. That being said, I swapped the new installation out for a backup of my old one and can't log in to the old one either. This seems important?
  • I've tried setting my APP_PATH to include www, but that doesn't work. (It breaks the login page's CSS though.)
  • The folder that session.save_path is set to has been chmod'd to 777
  • I tried the script listed here to test if $_SESSION is working correctly — it is.
  • my cpanel reports I have plenty of storage/bandwidth
  • mod_rewrite is enabled according to my hosting's customer support and my own testing
  • I've tried removing all browser cookies for my domain. I also tried using a different browser.
  • I've tried reuploading the new build a few times just in case the problem stems from bad FTP uploads.

Let me know if there's anything else I can try to help narrow down the problem.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Andrew,

Can you please check your server's ‘error_log' to find any possible errors related to this?

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hey Ben.

Every time I try to login, sendy/error_log gets this:

session_destroy(): Trying to destroy uninitialized session in /home/mrluvjrp/public_html/secretlegendgame.com/sendy/includes/functions.php(1) : eval()'d code on line 81

• I messed around with this some more today with no luck. Let me know if I can provide any more info, or which login credentials you'd need if you want to take a look yourself.

Thanks!
    Andrew

• BenBen
    edited January 2018

Hi,

Please see this troubleshooting tip → https://sendy.co/troubleshooting#login-page-reloads-without-error-message

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.