Skip to content

[Windows] 1.1.6.3 Upgrade isn't sending, but it thinks it is

edited May 2013 in Troubleshooting

I upgraded recently to 1.1.6.3. I've had no issues before with Sendy - it's worked great for months, and been very fast - but now after this upgrade it thinks it sent 1708 emails from the Campaign list, but if I visit /settings it says only 27 sent. My SES console says 27 also. This is a list of 7000 that usually takes just a few hours to send given my current limits. This campaign is going WAY WAY slow and just isn't sending. Are there logs I can check? Something has changed.

Comments

• I'm seeing "[13-May-2013 13:29:08 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice: Undefined index: userID in C:\DWASFiles\Sites\wonderfulthings\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\includes\functions.php on line 5
    [13-May-2013 13:29:08 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice: Undefined index: license in C:\DWASFiles\Sites\wonderfulthings\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\includes\functions.php on line 5
    [13-May-2013 13:29:08 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice: Undefined index: license in C:\DWASFiles\Sites\wonderfulthings\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\includes\functions.php on line 5
    [13-May-2013 13:29:09 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice: Undefined index: license in C:\DWASFiles\Sites\wonderfulthings\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\includes\functions.php on line 5"

This is a licensed copy.

• Looks like I'm getting thousands of these:

[13-May-2013 16:34:59 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: server_path in C:\DWASFiles\Sites\wonderfulthings\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 147
    [13-May-2013 16:34:59 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: mysqli in C:\DWASFiles\Sites\wonderfulthings\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 156
    [13-May-2013 16:34:59 America/New_York] PHP Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in C:\DWASFiles\Sites\wonderfulthings\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 156
    [13-May-2013 16:34:59 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: val in C:\DWASFiles\Sites\wonderfulthings\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 174
    [13-May-2013 16:34:59 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: mysqli in C:\DWASFiles\Sites\wonderfulthings\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 175

• I'm also getting warnings that I'm hitting more than 15 connections to the database. How many do you use?

• Hi Scott,

The main difference between version 1.1.6++ and previous versions of Sendy is that curl now checks the identity of the remote host and validity of its SSL certificate against a CA bundle included in the /certs/ folder.

Looking at your error log, the problem is that the server path cannot be determined in /includes/helpers/class.amazonses.php hence curl couldn't validate the remote host with the /certs/cacert.pem CA bundle. Try hardcoding the $server_path variable on line 147, 202 & 281.

Also, I understand you're using Sendy on Windows (as you know Sendy is not tested nor supported on Windows), Windows only reads .crt and not .pem files (as far as I understand). Try changing the certs/cacert.pem (line 147, 202 & 281) in /includes/helpers/class.amazonses.php to certs/cacert.crt. In the /certs/ folder, rename cacert.pem to certs/cacert.crt.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.