Skip to content

Unsubscribe link in real campaign says it is a test

edited March 2018 in Troubleshooting

I just sent a campaign to my list with an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the message. I included several of my own email addresses in the list for checking purposes.

When I click on the unsubscribe link in one of these messages, I see this:

Your unsubscribe tag is working. Your unsubscribe tag will be converted to a real unsubscribe link when you send out your campaign."

Please let me know what I am doing wrong, and how to insert a correctly working "unsubscribe" link.

Thanks,
Alex

Comments

• BenBen
    edited March 2018

Hi,

You are using the unsubscribe tag wrongly. You must use the unsubscribe 'tag', not the resulting dummy/placeholder unsubscribe link in your email.

When you create or edit a campaign, you will find the unsubscribe tags at the bottom of the page (see screenshot below):

You can use the unsubscribe tags like so:

<unsubscribe>Click here to unsubscribe</unsubscribe>

or

<a href="[unsubscribe]">Click here to unsubscribe</a>

Paste either of the above into the "HTML" of your email where you want it to appear.

When each recipient receives your email, the tags will automatically be converted to unsubscribe links unique to each recipient. If the recipient clicks on the unsubscribe link, they'll be unsubscribed instantly off the list(s) they belong to.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thanks, Ben -- that fixed it!

This discussion has been closed.