Skip to content

Import Limit and Dropped Data

I just bought Sendy and am really looking forward to using it but I am having some pretty infuriating results while importing CSV's. First, the list I am trying to create has about 60,000 email addresses. I first tried uploading the CSV as-is and I received a 500 internal server error for hitting a memory limit - no big deal, I can just split up the CSV.

So I split the CSV up into 5 10,000 line CSVs. Tried to import the first one - success! Imported the second - success!!

Imported the third one - After 5 minutes of hanging, it simply loaded a white screen. I went back to the main Sendy page and loaded up my list - it worked, but it didn't redirect after it was done - again, not a big deal.

Imported the fourth one - After 5 minutes of hanging it loaded the white screen again. I went back to the main Sendy page and BAM - all my brands are gone. No campaigns, no brands, no lists. It's like a brand new, fresh installation.

I tried this process once more, creating new brands, a new list, importing - and this time the Third one caused a complete wipeout. What the heck is going on?

Comments

• Hi Luke,

When you're at the import subscribers page, you'll see this blue informational box recommending you to setup a cron job to import your CSV if it's huge:

Did you setup a cron job for CSV import?

Imported the fourth one - After 5 minutes of hanging it loaded the white screen again. I went back to the main Sendy page and BAM - all my brands are gone. No campaigns, no brands, no lists. It's like a brand new, fresh installation.

Sorry but that is simply impossible as the CSV import script does not have any code to delete all campaigns, brands, lists and everything else upon import. This sounds very strange to me.

Thanks.

Ben

• Alright, I've figured it out. It was due to a limit to how many queries I can run per-hour on my database, so once I hit the limit the DB would just return 0 rows - thus it wouldn't load any brands or lists.

Thanks for the tip on the cron job!

This discussion has been closed.