Skip to content

Welcome email after signup without using Autoresponder?

edited August 2018 in Using Sendy

Hello everyone,

im using sendy for a while now and i am very happy with it.
We have setup an autoresponder immediately after someone optin with his/her email and we will send them an welcome mail.
I have 61k subscribers right now and it seems that the welcome mail takes longer than before (Sometimes it takes 3 minutes to send the email out). So as my list grows, the welcome mail takes longer to send out.

Is there any way (even if it is not officially supported) to send out the welcome mail even quicker? I know that the smallest intervall with cronjobs is every minute, but maybe its possible to implement an alternative way like an infinity loop which sleeps 20 seconds and calls the autoresponder.php every 20 seconds. Ive tried to do this but i got the welcome mail 2 or 3 times then.

The problem is that we are losing sales because a lot of people are waiting for the welcome mail and give up after 2 minutes :)
So we would be very happy if someone could show us a "quick&dirty"-way to send out the welcome mail as soon as the subsriber opts in.

Many thanks,
Michael

Comments

• Hi,

You can edit the list settings and set a ‘Thank you email’ instead. 'Thank you email' sends instantly.

To access list settings:

1. Go to 'View all lists' on the left sidebar
    2. Click the pencil icon on the list item to edit its settings

Screenshot:

Or click 'List settings' at the top right of the page when inside a list:

Screenshot:

Then setup your thank you email:

Screenshot:

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.