Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Weird character when export subscribers list
  • dear Sendy support,

My Sendy install: - version 1.1.6.3 - charset = 'utf16' (because i using Vietnamese)

In Sendy tools, character display ok, like "Trực", "Hà"...

But when I saw in phpmyadmin, table "subscribers" show strange character like Trá»±c, HÃ. Or I export that subscribers list, in cvs file, i still saw that strange character.

I want to when export subscribers list, I saw exactly what i see in Sendy tool

Wait for help

Thanks

Trực

• 8 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

Hi Trực,

Strange, I cannot reproduce this problem. I changed my $charset in /includes/config.php to "utf16". Then added 2 subscribers with Vietnamese characters as their names.

I exported the CSV and here's the result:

Ben

• hi Ben, in my MySQL tables, Collation is latin1_swedish_ci. Is that normal?

Maybe i re-install Sendy???

Trực

• hi Ben,

I manual change collation of table subscribers.name to utf8_general_ci. After that, i input "Trực", "hà" then in phpmyadmin, show exactly "Trực", "Hà". I export in csv, that characters is OK.

Maybe I will manual change collation in mysql ???

I think Sendy should be set default collcation is utf8_general_ci

Wait for feedback

Trực

Hi Trực,

I've made some minor changes to the installation script and re-uploaded a new build to the server. Can you please download Sendy from http://sendy.co/get-updated and re-install? Remember to remove all tables from your database then re-install.

Thanks.

Ben

• hi Ben. I just buy Sendy and using latest version 1.1.6.3. I also re-install Sendy (with remove all tables), and re-test. BUT still have strange characters

Trực

hi Ben. I just buy Sendy and using latest version 1.1.6.3. I also re-install Sendy (with remove all tables), and re-test.

I just made some minor changes by changing the default encoding of the tables to utf8 after you bought. Hence I mentioned re-downloading then re-installing. Or, you can try manually changing your tables encoding to utf8 like you mentioned.

• hi Ben, i think i find something interested, in file s\sendy\includes\subscribers\export-csv.php

line 99, i changed print "$data"; to print chr(255) . chr(254) . mb_convert_encoding($data, 'UTF-16LE', 'UTF-8');

Everything will be OK when show in excel

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4348802/how-can-i-output-a-utf-8-csv-in-php-that-excel-will-read-properly

Trực

Hi Trực,

Thanks for the findings. The thing is I could export a CSV with Vietnamese characters displayed correctly though. So I won't be implementing this code, but I'm sure it'll help someone else who may have the same issue as you.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions