Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Spanish accented characters not working on certain devices
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BookmartBookmart
    Posts: 2Sendy user

    I recently created a campaign using Sendy. I tested it in different email providers and devices. In most of them (Outlook, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Mac Mail App) it works just fine, but in others (certain iPhone's and iPad's Mail App) the Spanish characters such as á é í ó ú and ¡ don't display correctly.

    My code is as follows:

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">   
    
    <html lang="es"> (I have also tried it without the "lang='es'")
    
    <head>
    
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"> (I have also tried with just meta charset="utf-8">)
    
        <style>
    
            //some styles
    
            //some @media queries
    
        </style>
    
    </head>
    
    <body>
    
        //code, code, code...
    
    </body>
    
    </html>
    

    The weird thing is that in some iPhone's and iPad's it displays correctly, but in other's it completely messes up the Spanish characters.

    Any idea on how to fix this?

    Thanks in advance.

  • 2 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen
    Posts: 3,489Sendy support

    Hi @Bookmart,

    I sent a test campaign with the accented characters, á é í ó ú. Here's the results on the iPhone and iPad, it's displaying correctly though:

    iPhone:

    iPad:

    The HTML code:

    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
        <head>
            <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
            <title></title>
        </head>
        <body>
            <p>á é í ó ú</p>
        </body>
    </html>

    Best regards,
    Ben

  • Vote Up0Vote Down BookmartBookmart
    Posts: 2Sendy user

    That is so weird... Because the same thing happens to me. When viewed in my iPhone 4S, iOS 6 it works just fine. When viewed in my coworker's iPhone 5, iOS7 it doesn't display them correctly... Now I can discard it having anything to do with iOS7 beta... but I still can't figure out why it's not displaying correctly in some devices, but in others it is.

    Thanks anyway for your help.

    Best regards.

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions