Skip to content

Email blast stuck at 80%

edited June 2013 in Troubleshooting

Hi,

I just sent my first e-mail blast 20 minutes ago and it seems to be stuck at the 80% mark of recipients. It sent to 900 of the 1100.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Sending timed out probably due to memory exhaustion. Are you on a shared server? Sending via a cron job? If so, what is the cron job interval? Every 5 minutes?

• It is on a shared server, sent via cron job, set at a 5 minute interval. It's been 56 minutes now and still no movement.

Thanks.

• Your server's memory probably ran out. Can you access the scheduled.php directly in your browser at least twice to see if it resumes?

• That worked! Thanks Ben, is there any way I can avoid this in the future, or do I need a more powerful server?

Cheers

• Hi @Cory,

I'm glad to hear. :)

If accessing scheduled.php manually in your browser works, then your cron job isn't executing the scheduled.php script. It may be an issue with the command line version of your host's PHP, or your host is placing some kind of restrictions on it (I won't be surprised since it's a shared host).

If the problem persist and you don't wish use the workaround, you may need to upgrade to your host's VPS tier.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.