Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Web version, links, opens and unsubscribe not working
  • Vote Up0Vote Down rumbachrumbach
    Hi.

I installed my Sendy on Linode cloud, configured my server, and everything seems to be fine, except web version, unsubscribe, opens and link tracking links.

When i open web version link, I get blank page, the same for unsubscribe link.

Also opens don't show up. When i get email, I click "Show images", so Sendy can track open, but no opens shows in report.

When I click on link, I get Redirect loop, with link like this "http://www.mydomian.com//l/he5/Resource id #1"

Any idea?
  • 9 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen
    Did you copied the HTML code from an existing campaign, pasted it into a new campaign, then deleted the campaign you copied the HTML code from?
    In short, where was the source of your HTML code?
    No, I just made new campaign, added a test link: http://www.google.com. When i open it on my email, I get that error.
    That's weird because there's no known problems with regards to this. Is mod_rewrite enabled on your server?
    Yes mod_rewrite is enabled. Everything worked on Amazon EC2 instance. Maybe its something to do with Short helper? because I get user ID like 12345 long, but I am the only user except admin.
    No, I am wrong, the user ID is 0 now, and link_id also 0, when I echo the variables. And $link is Resource id #1
  • I am having this same exact issue -- I am on 1and1 and had to add RewriteBase / to the the .htaccess file to enable mod_rewrite but I have the feeling that something is still not fully enabled.

Options +FollowSymLinks
    Options -Multiviews

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9-]+)$ $1.php [L]

# Link tracker
    RewriteRule ^l/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ l.php?i=$1 [L]

# Open tracker
    RewriteRule ^t/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ t.php?i=$1 [L]

# Open tracker
    RewriteRule ^w/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ w.php?i=$1 [L]

# unsubscribe
    RewriteRule ^unsubscribe/(.*)$ unsubscribe.php?i=$1 [L]

# subscribe
    RewriteRule ^subscribe/(.*)$ subscribe.php?i=$1 [L]
  • Hi

I seem to be experiencing the same issue.

Please let me know if anybody has solved it as yet?

Thanks
  • Sendy_ZA -- my RewriteBase / addition actually worked and I also was using the WRONG shortcodes or tags in my email. I was linking my unsubscribe and email tags in the link itself e.g. a href="[Unsubscribe]" which was incorrect. In my HTML I switched to <"unsubscribe">click here to unsubscribe<"/unsubscribe"> (added quotes so it would display here -- not needed for live code) and then it worked. Did the same for Email personalization tag
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions