Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Secondary SMTP Platform to use after Exhausting Amazon Limits
  • Vote Up0Vote Down donsonydonsony

Hi,

I have just started Sendy since last two days and really love it. I am using with Amazon SES and I currently have a limit of 10,000 mails per day. My question is can Sendy be somehow configured in such a way that once I exhaust my SES limit, it will continue sending the rest of the emails using SMTP (I plan to use Mandrill). Since you already have an SMTP option, I think it wont be a tough feature to implement if not already there.

Please advise...

• 5 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it. Have you requested Amazon for "extended access" to raise your limits? http://aws.amazon.com/ses/extendedaccessrequest

Best regards,
    Ben

• Vote Up0Vote Down donsonydonsony

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the link. i am aware of it and my account is already at 50,000. But I am looking at more than a 200,000 emails a day (clean double opt in list of course) and would like to second options available in case of a failure. The delivery of the mails are paramount, hence the request.

Regards,

Don

• Vote Up0Vote Down ilshilsh

+1

• Vote Up0Vote Down lesterheinlesterhein

+1 for this request. I recently had an SES account blocked when a bunch of fake users signed up for my site with fake emails, so all of the welcome emails bounced. These bounces got my account suspended and I had no fallback option.

• Vote Up0Vote Down joseavjoseav

+1 i would like a second option available in case of a failure.