Skip to content

Secondary SMTP Platform to use after Exhausting Amazon Limits

edited June 2013 in Suggestions

Hi,

I have just started Sendy since last two days and really love it. I am using with Amazon SES and I currently have a limit of 10,000 mails per day. My question is can Sendy be somehow configured in such a way that once I exhaust my SES limit, it will continue sending the rest of the emails using SMTP (I plan to use Mandrill). Since you already have an SMTP option, I think it wont be a tough feature to implement if not already there.

Please advise...

Comments

• Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it. Have you requested Amazon for "extended access" to raise your limits? http://aws.amazon.com/ses/extendedaccessrequest

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi Ben,

Thank you for the link. i am aware of it and my account is already at 50,000. But I am looking at more than a 200,000 emails a day (clean double opt in list of course) and would like to second options available in case of a failure. The delivery of the mails are paramount, hence the request.

Regards,

Don

• +1 for this request. I recently had an SES account blocked when a bunch of fake users signed up for my site with fake emails, so all of the welcome emails bounced. These bounces got my account suspended and I had no fallback option.

• +1 i would like a second option available in case of a failure.