Skip to content

How to run a re-consent campaign?

edited July 2019 in Using Sendy

I'm new here, so I apologize in advance for any super basic questions. I have a segmented list of subscribers who have not opened the last 5 emails I have sent. I would like to give them a chance to stay on the list, otherwise I will delete them. If I create an email that says: Click Here to Stay on This List, is there a link that the subscriber could click to be sent to a segmented re-engage list? (If so, how would this work?) I'm not sure how else to find out who is clicking the link so I can keep them on the list.

Maybe I'm overthinking this and there another, easier way to re-engage subscribers who don't open emails?

I'm a writer, not a programmer, so please explain like I am 5 years old.

Comments

• Hi,

You can use the 'GDPR' feature to send this campaign.

Add the [reconsent] tag in your email's HTML wherever you want it to appear, for example:

<a href="[reconsent]">Click Here to Stay on This List</a>

The [reconsent] tag will be converted to a real active link when recipients receive their emails. When clicked, the subscriber will be tagged with GDPR.

You can then create a segment of the list that has subscribers tagged with GDPR and send to that segment in future.

Or you can export a CSV from the segment you created as explained above and import them into a new list.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Wonderful! Thanks so much, Ben - for the clear instructions as well as figuring out what I was trying to say at the start. :-)

This discussion has been closed.