Skip to content

Custom success URL not redirecting

edited August 2019 in Troubleshooting

Long time sendy user here.
Prior to updating my copy to v4.0.3.1, all my html submission forms were redirecting fine to custom pages I'd set up under the "Subscribe Success Page" in sendy's dashboard.

After upgrading however, the form submissions are redirecting to a blank "domain.com/subscribe" page. Domain being the same domain on which sendy's installed.

When I check the corresponding list I have subscribed to in the sendy dashboard, the name and email used in the submission form are not being added to the list.

/subscribe also seems to be one of the variables found under "advanced options" under Subscribe success page setup in sendy!
I have never used the advanced option variables in all my submission forms, and now I am not only NOT getting subscribers onto my list, but they're being redirected to a blank page on a domain they should not see and they're also not receiving an email through which they can confirm their subscription to my list.

This is very frustrating.

Any workaround to this?

Comments

• Hi,

There are no known issues with custom subscribe success page redirection since 2012. I suggest re-uploading Sendy to make sure all necessary files are uploaded:

1. Download a copy of Sendy from https://sendy.co/get-updated with your license key (use the form at the top left of the page to download Sendy).

2. Then re-upload all of Sendy's files to your server (except /includes/config.php and /uploads/ folder) replacing the old ones.

Make sure all necessary files are uploaded.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hello Ben.

You Rock Sir.. thank you so much for your prompt feedback!
    Sadly, the problem still persists with this new build I've just installed.

I've made a screencast video to show you my angst of the issue.
    Hopefully you'll be able to point me in the right direction, or be able to resolve the issue in the build.

https://www.screencast.com/t/Op5rgDMXh

Your thoughts

George

• Hi George,

The page you were being brought to isn't blank, the page says "Invalid list ID.".

So the problem is that the list ID is incorrect.

You'd need to get the correct list ID of your list and replace the one as shown in the screenshot above. Here's how:

1. Click 'View all lists' on the left sidebar
    2. Then hover over the ID of the list you want (see screenshot below):

Screenshot:

Copy it and replace the incorrect list ID in your HTML code.

Regarding the other part of the video where it says 'Failed reCAPTCHA Test', this is because you enabled 'Google reCAPTCHA v2' in your brand settings, but entered invalid Google reCAPTCHA v2 credentials.

Please turn off 'Google reCAPTCHA v2' in your brand settings by deleting the Site key and Secret key:

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hey Ben.

Thank you for the advice, it cleared the error I was experiencing.
    This is not standard, I would've assumed, based on past experience, that the list ID should append to the form I would be working with at the time no?

Thank you so much once again.

Right now battling non delivery of emails.. I have a cron job set up, but the emails are not arriving.
    Will make a screencast video in a day or two should I fail to resolve this.

Thanks once again.

George

• Sorry Ben

Quick observation.. my understanding is the mycommand >/dev/null 2>&1 should only be used when one does not want an email sent for an individual cron job. So why are we using the >/dev/null 2>&1 output on the cron if we want the cronjob to run as instructed?

Thanks

• Hi George,

The >/dev/null 2>&1 part of the cron job command means - "don't output any warnings, notices or errors". It does not affect the functions of the actual command or the script.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Awesome Ben, appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.