Skip to content

Can we use Google reCAPTCHA v3 with Sendy?

edited September 2019 in Questions

I love the integration with reCAPTCHA v2, but I was wondering if we might see v3 support in the future.

Or how I might integrate v3 into my subscription forms. (I simply take the html form and add it manually to my website.)

v3 doesn't use a challenge or checkbox. It works invisibly in the background to distinguish bots from humans, which means the reCAPTCHA box won't even appear for most people.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

When implementing Google reCAPTCHA a decision was made to go with v2 instead of v3 because v3 can be inaccurate and likely to block out legitimate subscribers. V3 uses risk scores to judge whether it's a person or bot, false positives are very likely. For instance if you are not logged in to a Google account, your risk score is high. If you're using VPN, your risk score is high. Everything put together, Google considers you a robot, but you're actually human. There are many more factors Google considers before they decide whether you're human or not.

V2 on the other hand is 100% accurate. If you hit the checkbox, you're through. If you don't, you're a robot. No guesswork involved and no false positives.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.