Skip to content

Questions on moving out of Amazon SES sandbox mode

edited October 2019 in Questions

Hi Ben! This is Patrick from the Philippines. I recently purchased Sendy and just wanted to say thank you for creating such a wonderful product. I hired a freelancer to set things up as I'm not a technical person, so now my next step is applying for a sending limit increase in Amazon SES, which has me worried. What if Amazon declines my request?

Here's some background - I currently have a personal blog that is focused on event styling. I collect emails from a signup form in a sidebar. I do not "purchase" emails or otherwise conduct any questionable practices in email marketing. I currently use Mailchimp which handles everything. I previously had more than 10,000 subscribers but due to the high cost of Mailchimp, I pruned the list down to 2,000 of the most active subscribers. My open rates are about 30%. Bounce rate is about 0.2-0.3%.

So what I'd like to ask is, how do I maximize my chances that my request will be granted? Is there any wording I should use? Should I use or send test emails first in Sandbox mode? (I literally haven't done ANYTHING yet with Sendy / Amazon SES...I haven't even imported my list yet. I saw in the form for the sending limit increase that Amazon does not ask for your website url, so how can they check the quality of my blog / email list if they don't know what it is?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Hi,

When you apply to Amazon to move your Amazon SES out of sandbox mode, Amazon wants to hear that you are only sending emails to people who signed up to receive them. That's basically it. What you wrote here sounds good enough.

I saw in the form for the sending limit increase that Amazon does not ask for your website url, so how can they check the quality of my blog / email list if they don't know what it is?

They DO ask for your website URL:

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• thank you ben!

This discussion has been closed.