Skip to content

Code is appended to email template

edited October 2019 in Troubleshooting

I use Sendy on AWS, with SES and works great. There is one annoying problem that keeps occurring and not clear what the source of the issue is.

When I purchase email templates or use a 3rd party to author an email campaign, <script> code is appended multiple times right after the <meta content=...> tag (top of email code) and at the bottom of the code, right before the </body> tag.

The code will append and be duplicated each time an edit is performed and saved on the email, using the Sendy editor. The spam checkers I use report flags this repeating <script> code and warns that it will be spam:

I have to manually delete the code between the <script> tags and do this after each edit to test and/or send the email. How can I prevent the duplicate Sendy code from being appended after each edit?

Here's an example of the code that gets duplicated and appended at the bottom of the template after 5 edits and 5 saves. Different code appending near the top of the email template.

<pre>
<code>
<!--[if (IE)]></div><![endif]--><script type="text/javascript">window.NREUM||(NREUM={});NREUM.info={"beacon":"bam.nr-data.net","licenseKey":"xxxxxxxxxxxxx","applicationID":"98700298","transactionName":"MQNXZkUFD0YCAhYLXAhJYEBeSwRRChVMElsW","queueTime":0,"applicationTime":145,"atts":"HURUEA0fHEg=","errorBeacon":"bam.nr-data.net","agent":""}</script><script type="text/javascript">window.NREUM||(NREUM={});NREUM.info={"beacon":"bam.nr-data.net","licenseKey":"xxxxxxxxxxxxx","applicationID":"98700298","transactionName":"MQNXZkUFD0YCAhYLXAhJYEBeSwRRChVMElsW","queueTime":0,"applicationTime":156,"atts":"HURUEA0fHEg=","errorBeacon":"bam.nr-data.net","agent":""}</script><script type="text/javascript">window.NREUM||(NREUM={});NREUM.info={"beacon":"bam.nr-data.net","licenseKey":"xxxxxxxxxxxxx","applicationID":"98700298","transactionName":"MQNXZkUFD0YCAhYLXAhJYEBeSwRRChVMElsW","queueTime":0,"applicationTime":143,"atts":"HURUEA0fHEg=","errorBeacon":"bam.nr-data.net","agent":""}</script><script type="text/javascript">window.NREUM||(NREUM={});NREUM.info={"beacon":"bam.nr-data.net","licenseKey":"xxxxxxxxxxxxx","applicationID":"98700298","transactionName":"MQNXZkUFD0YCAhYLXAhJYEBeSwRRChVMElsW","queueTime":0,"applicationTime":167,"atts":"HURUEA0fHEg=","errorBeacon":"bam.nr-data.net","agent":""}</script><script type="text/javascript">window.NREUM||(NREUM={});NREUM.info={"beacon":"bam.nr-data.net","licenseKey":"xxxxxxxxxxxxx","applicationID":"98700298","transactionName":"MQNXZkUFD0YCAhYLXAhJYEBeSwRRChVMElsW","queueTime":0,"applicationTime":143,"atts":"HURUEA0fHEg=","errorBeacon":"bam.nr-data.net","agent":""}</script></body>
</html>

</code>
</pre>

Comments

• Hi,

One of your browser extension is likely inserting code into the WYSIWYG editor when you were editing your email campaign (for example, ‘Grammarly’, ‘Ad Blocker Ultimate’, 'Adguard Adblocker', ‘MetaMask‘ browser extensions are known to do just that).

1. Disable all extensions in your browser as one of your browser extension is inserting redundant code into the WYSIWYG editor when you’re creating or editing a campaign
    2. Or use a browser that have no extensions installed
    3. Then re-create your campaign (not just “Duplicate”, create a new campaign and write your message)

If the issue goes away, then you’d need to track down this browser extension that inserts code into the WYSIWYG editor when you were creating/editing your campaign and disable it.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.