Skip to content

Multi-step automations

edited January 2020 in Questions

Hi Ben and everyone. I'm new to Sendy and so far have found it to be very intuitive, so thank you Ben.

I am a travel and tour operator. We have been sending client emails in a haphazard way. Some come right from me, others we've been sending from Mailchimp. The whole thing has become a mess and too much work so I would like to automate it as much as possible. Our customer now flow is basically in two phases: pre-travel and post travel, and now we would like to add a third phase past client.

Can someone who has created multi-step automations in Sendy please point me in the right direction so I can set up the following:

Pre-travel dip starts once a client has made their first payment.

1. Thank you email also sends the client some docs they need to fill-out scan and return to us.
  2. About 60 days before departure date we start sending a drip campaign of 6 emails to help the client prepare for travel and to answer the most frequently asked questions.
  3. on departure date the client moves into the post-travel drip campaign

Post-travel starts the day after the client returns home

1. A welcome back email asking for feedback
  2. Continuing reminder emails until the client actually provides the feedback
  3. Personal follow-up based on feedback (really only if there is a complaint)
  4. If there is no complaint occasional emails asking them to please leave 5 star review on Google Reviews or on Facebook Reviews
  5. Once the client leaves 5-star review client moves to ex-traveler list

Ex-Traveler
Once monthly typical newsletter

Comments

• In my opinion this has to be done with the Sendy API + Google Sheets and creating a list in Sendy for each purpose.

You then need a Python program to go over the google sheet and add people to the corresponding list in Sendy via the API.

Not difficult at all to do, but tedious.

This discussion has been closed.