Skip to content

How to re-upload amended records

edited July 2020 in Using Sendy

I need to download some lists in Sendy to add more fields of data to each email record. This is part of our company's compliance requirements.

The problem I face is after I download the data and amend each record, how can I re-upload and still keep each record the same? For example, if I download bill@gates.com and add data to the record and re-upload, it will not re-add bill@gates.com because it says "Already exists". The only way it seems is to manually go into the admin interface at Sendy and change individually each record, but I have 100,000+ records with multiple fields that need to change and this will take days to finish....

For legal reasons I MUST retain the original user record, so it's not possible for me to delete everyone and re-add in a new list... I must retain all the subscription, click, and open data for each record....

Any idea how to do this correctly?

Comments

• Hi,

if I download bill@gates.com and add data to the record and re-upload, it will not re-add bill@gates.com because it says "Already exists”.

Yes it will say “Already exists”, but the subscriber's custom field data will be updated.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• ok thank you

This discussion has been closed.