Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Ben December 2020
  • sat December 2020
Regarding SES free tier
  • Vote Up0Vote Down satsat

Hi Ben,

Amason says "When you call Amazon SES from an application hosted in Amazon EC2, you can send 62,000 messages per month at no charge. This Free Usage Tier benefit does not expire."

I do have two AWS accounts. I'm running sendy on EC2 server from one account and I got SES email approval in another account.

Do I still qualify for the free tier?

Thanks, Satish

• 4 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

Hi,

I do have two AWS accounts. I'm running sendy on EC2 server from one account and I got SES email approval in another account. Do I still qualify for the free tier?

No you won't qualify for the free tier if that's the case. Sendy must be installed and running on an Amazon EC2 server hosted on the AWS account with the approved SES account.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

Oh, Ok. I will get approval from that account. Does it needs to be in a same AWS region? my server is in Ohio region.

Thanks!

• Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

No need to be in the same region. But it's highly recommended for Amazon SES and Amazon EC2 to be in the exact same region as sending speed will be the most optimum.

Ok, got it. thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions