Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tweaking open rate algorithm to show best possible rates
  • Use case: Mail has been sent to 5 users with one or more links in the email body content, but only 2 users open the mail in "View images mode", so the system records that only 2 users have opened the email but I also see that there 4 users who have actually clicked on one or more link in the email body content.

Now its clear that 4 users have opened the email, but the system records it as only 2, since only 2 have opened the email in "View images mode". I think by tweaking the track links algorithm we can provide almost the better stats. Let me know what you think.

Thank you.

• 7 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down atehateh

I have had the same problem with other systems I have used which we would have an additional column which would record a 1 if either an open or click occured

• Vote Up0Vote Down arisaris

I think the open rates are only estimates and not pure statistics. When you do that on a large scale the % looks very real even though it does not count the links.

I think the better solution is to use the click-through percentage as the open-rate percentage without even touching the code as long as it is bigger number than the open-rate one.

• i agree with santosh... there can be much more cases where you need to track this.

• Vote Up0Vote Down raincorainco

I would like to support this feature request! Currently clickers are not always counted as openers (i.e. if they do not open in "View Images" mode). Why a clicker should not be counted as opener automatically? Number would be much closer to reality. Thank you, - Rainer

• Totally agreed! Are there any plans to implement this in the future? I even thought that clicking on links would force-enable the "view images mode" anyway, triggering the open tracking (except when receivers copy/paste the link of course).

• Vote Up0Vote Down oshaosha

+1

• Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

Click are now counted as opens in the latest version of Sendy.

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions