Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Existing Subscriber Block
  • @Ben, can you add the functionality so that when an email is added to a list under a brand, that sendy checks to see if the email is already subscribed? If they are, trigger a message saying they are already signed up and block it. I had several thousand dupes.
  • 8 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen
    Subscribes via form or API already checks for duplicates. I have tested it time and time again, not quite possible to get several thousand dupes?
  • Strange, I have several instances of duplicate subscriber data, both name and email, sometimes different names as some people are clearly subscribing more than once with the same email address.
    I cannot replicate this problem. Have you tried subscribing twice to see if duplicates appear in your list?
  • Yes, just signed up twice on one of my sites (that uses the API to add subscribers) using the same name and email address.
  • Didn't get any messaging when I signed up again -- just went through like a normal subscription.
  • @Ben,

Also, when importing names (either plain text or CSV option) and email addresses, is there a filter to not accept duplicates if they are already on the list?
    Just to reiterate, the subscribe form and API does check for duplicates.

As per your feedback, I've just released 1.1.1 that additionally outputs a message 'Already subscribed.' if the email is already active in your list http://sendy.co/get-updated
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions