Skip to content

Delivery status notifications in bounce notifications

edited April 2014 in Questions

Hi Everyone!

So I've been loving Sendy for my first two campaigns, very impressed at how smooth it all went =) So Ben, thank you again for making such an awesome piece of software (and making it customizable too!)

Well I've been loving Sendy, but less the fact that I got 30% bounce rate on my first campaign... These hadn't been caught by our previous mailing service, clearly.

I just wanted to know if Sendy's bounce handling could include Delivery Status info contained within most SNS bounce notifications (as shown on the SES doc )

Otherwise, is there maybe a way outside of Sendy to get more detailed notifications?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

Thanks for using Sendy.

I just wanted to know if Sendy's bounce handling could include Delivery Status info contained within most SNS bounce notifications (as shown on the SES doc )

Emails that are bounced are only flagged as bounced and does not include other information. These flagged 'bounced' emails are 'Permanent bounces' which means they do not exist or are invalid, that's actually all you need to know.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.