Skip to content

Hosting only allows Cron jobs to a maximum of once every 2 hours

edited May 2014 in Questions

Please help - Our hosting has the following restrictions

1. The maximum number of cronjobs allowed is 10.
  2. Cronjobs may only run a maximum of once every 2 hours.
  3. Cronjobs that take too much processing will automatically be killed.

What settings should I use to run the cron jobs? Since I can't run every few minutes?

Please can you help?

Comments

• Hi,

If your host restricts you from setting up cron jobs that runs every 1 minute and every 5 minutes, there are 3 options:

1. Use an external cron job service - https://sendy.co/forum/discussion/328/can-i-run-cron-jobs-from-an-external-service-/p1
    2. Upgrade to your host's 'VPS' tier and there will be no more restrictions (you're probably on their shared hosting server)
    3. Use Sendy on Amazon EC2, I provide installation service for Amazon EC2 + Sendy for $79. Everything will work including cron jobs. There are no restrictions on EC2 servers as they're essentially VPS servers (not shared servers). If you're a new AWS user, a free tier is available so you can use it free for 1 year ($0.02/hour ($14.6 per month) thereafter). Also, the first 2,000 emails sent via SES each day that are invoked from an EC2 server are free as well.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thanks Ben

I also cant see setup cron setup instructions

I go to reset cron setup - http://www.mydomain.com/sendy/reset-cron.php
    Click on yes, reset cron setup
    Screen clears and shows "Cron setup has been reset. You'll now be able to see cron setup instructions."
    But no setup instructions show?

• Click on yes, reset cron setup Screen clears and shows "Cron setup has been reset. You'll now be able to see cron setup instructions." But no setup instructions show?

The cron job instructions will show at the appropriate places. For example, the cron job instructions for sending/scheduling emails can be found at the 'Define recipients' page.

This discussion has been closed.