Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mails not sent
  • So I'm running latest version of Sendy 1.1.2 with the patch installed. Production SES + DKIM + SNS Bounce/Complaints.

I'm running this on a Debian 6.0.6, nginx and php 5.3.19 (php-fpm)

My mails are not being sent out. I've adde 3 lists ( 2 prod and 1 test) and I've created a campaign that I'm trying to send to my test list.

I'm using the "Test This newsletter" feature but no mail arrives in my inbox or spam folder. I checked the log and the following is added to my error log when clicking the send button:

2012/11/29 13:33:59 [error] 17031#0: *1814 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice:  date_default_timezone_set(): Timezone ID '' is invalid in /home/.../includes/helpers/class.amazonses.php on line 52" while reading response header from upstream, client: 62.63.156.250, server: MYDOMAIN.com, request: "POST /includes/create/test-send.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "MYDOMAIN.com", referrer: "http://MYDOMAIN.com/send-to?i=1&c=2"

The page does however flashes the green mail has been sent alert.

When I try to send to the list, the queue table is filled with 2 records for the two recipients. however, the queue seems not to be worked off. Am I missing something in my setup?

people speak of cron job, but I can see no lines added to my crontab.

• 5 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen
    Hi Peter, thanks for the detailed description.

Did you use IAM credentials or your root AWS credentials from https://portal.aws.amazon.com/gp/aws/securityCredentials ?
  • Hi Ben,
    I used the AWS credentials, I have 2 active key/secrets here and I used my newly added one.
    Thanks for the clarification. As you mentioned you're on nginx, did you convert the rewrite rules from .htaccess to nginx compatible rules?
  • yep. I updated them according to this discussion everything seems to be working, The Web UI is working fine and I'm currently working with my Ruby on Rails app to manage the subscriptions and both the API endpoints seems to be functioning as well.
    Good that you got it working. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions