Have an account?
Get answers quicker by searching
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Apply for Membership
In this Discussion
Update subscriber name via API call
I suggest that you can update a users name via a API call. Assume the following scenario (edge case).
1. User signs up for a site, and full name is not required
2. Site automatically signs user up for newsletter (check box or similar)
3. User is added to Sendy List with [username, email].
4. User opts out of newsletter
5. User changes username on site.
6. User opts in again for newsletter.
7. Subscription is again activated but username is not changed and thereby inconsistencies arise.
Hope to see a good solution to this :)
You can change a subscriber's name via the subscribe API.
When you call the API, pass in the email address of the subscriber as well as the name. The name will be changed to whatever name you passed in.
This works for custom fields as well. Pass in the email of the subscriber, then pass in one or more custom field's value.
You can pass a combination of name and one or more custom field value. Just make sure the email you passed in matches the subscriber you want to change.
Indeed it is, My bad. My tests had a bug in them, sorry about misleading post.
Don't worry about it. :)
This discussion has been closed.