It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I have searched the forum for this issue, but wasn't able to find it.
I have set up an autoresponder message that subscribers receive immediately after signing up. However, it is now sending 2 welcome e-mails to the same e-mail address, but the 2 messages are different from each other. The e-mail that gets sent first is a previous version (that I deleted in the meantime) and the other is the correctone (that is currently active).
I only have one list with one autoresponder message. Why does Sendy send the old version that doesn't even exist anymore? And why 2 e-mails?
One thing I noticed is the fact that the autoresponder message code (after clicking the WYSIWYG button) has a strange code at the end like this:
Is this related in any way?
Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I can't stop the "old" autoresponder message to be sent as well!
There's no such known issues though, this sounds really weird. Can you check if you've set a 'Thank you' email in your list settings?
Thanks for your help and reply. I feel really stupid now, because there was a thank you e-mail activated which I was sure I had deleted before...
However (and this is the odd part), that code keeps appearing in the message when I turn on the editor in html code mode:
I tried everything: deleted the autoresponder message, created a new one, "cleaned" the text formatting by copy-pasting it into notepad, etc. but that script keeps appearing... Is that normal?
I am about to go live with a signup form on a large Facebook page, but want to make 100% sure that there are no problems whatsoever.
Oh, I also went into the WYSISYG editor and deleted that code, saved the autoresponder message and looked at the editor again. And the code was added again... Sorry for sending you all these messages, but this is driving me crazy :P
Can you try deleting and saving on another browser, I suspect one of your browser extensions is causing this issue.
I did using Firefox, Chrome and IE and this keeps happening. I googled part of the script and it seems that it's a RUM feature (real-time user monitoring) on the server-side. I'll get in touch with my hosting company to see if they can shed any light on this.
Turns out it's a server monitoring script. Issue solved, they removed that code.